Get Rich Quick

Ecclesiastes 4: 1-6
Again I observed all the oppression that takes place in our world. I saw the tears of the oppressed, with no one to comfort them. The oppressors have great power, and the victims are helpless. 2 So I concluded that the dead are better off than the living. 3 And most fortunate of all are those who were never born. For they have never seen all the evil that is done in our world.
4 Then I observed that most people are motivated to success by their envy of their neighbors. But this, too, is meaningless, like chasing the wind.
5 Foolish people refuse to work and almost starve. 6 They feel it is better to be lazy and barely survive than to work hard, especially when in the long run everything is so futile.

Boy, things are still the same. Even in Solomon's time the people were trying to get rich quick, and expend as litt effort as possible. Just goes to show that nothing ever changes. We always seem to want what we can't have. The brass ring is always just our of our grasp. When someone does grab that brass ring, we wonder, why couldn't it have been me? or it should have been me. We tend to be so caught up in 'me' we forget this world is nothing compared to the riches God stores in heaven for us. So why are we chasing the brass ring instead of relying on God's promises? Why do we insist on "chasing the wind?"

My prayer for you today is you will look to God to supply all your needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems