God Truly Does Speak To Us

Believe it or not, He does. God wants to commune with His people--His children. He loves us and adores us. Just imagine what a day would be like if you didn't get that special hug or kiss from your child. That's how God feels when we distance ourselves from Him. He wants us to share laughter, tears, hurts & triumphs with us. That is why He made us.

Sometimes, I have trouble communing with God. Since He's not physically here to give me those hugs and kisses my children give me, it's easy to put Him aside for the here and now. God isn't one of those 'in your face' God's either. He waits for me to seek Him out--no matter how painful it is for Him to not get that attention. That is why I started this blog. I want to physically send time with God. I to hear what He has to say. I want Him to speak to me.

The best way I know for Him to speak to me is by studying God word, the Bible, but I am going to take that one step further. I want to personalize the Bible. What I'm going to do in this blog is to take God's Holy Scripture and insert my name when God is speaking to me. I'll use my favorite verse as an example:

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This is how I take ownership of this verse:
For I (God) know the plans I (God) have for you (Rhonda)," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you (Rhonda) and not to harm you (Rhonda), plans to give you (Rhonda) hope and a future.

Wow, what a promise. He's telling me that He has made plans for me. They are good plans and that I have a future in Heaven. I get excited just thinking how wonderful that is.

Eventually, I'll work my way through the entire Bible. I'm not going to rush it, and I don't know how long it will take. That's okay. Just spending time in God's word will be such a blessing.

I'm so excited about this project and I hope many of you will join me. If anything, take the verses I've personalized and add your own name.

I'm not sure where to start in the Bible, but I will do an entire book before moving on. If you have any suggestions of where I should go next, let me know. Of course, God's guidance in this study will override your suggestions, but I would love to hear what you think.

C-ya,
R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems