Jesus Is My Lawyer

I John 2:1-2 (NKJ)

My little children (that includes me and you), these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we (I) have an Advocate (lawyer) with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 And He Himself is the propitiation (payment) for our (my) sins, and not for ours (mine) only but also for the whole world (that means you).


I love how this translation refers to Jesus as my "Advocate." Advocate is another term for lawyer. Someone who will defend you to the end. He stands before the Heavenly Father and pleads my case, even though He and I know I'm not worthy. God even handed down a punishment for my sins. That includes a jail cell in hell. Jesus felt me worthy to pay my penalty so that I could spend eternity with Him. That's why He went to the cross.

I challenge you to find an earthly lawyer who would do that for you.

I'm sure glad Jesus is on my side. :)

He was willing to do anything necessary to keep me out of the prison cell known as hell, that he died on the cross for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems