A Simple Message

I John 2:12-14 (NKJV)

12 I write to you, little children,
Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake.
13 I write to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
Because you have overcome the wicked one.
I write to you, little children,
Because you have known the Father.
14 I have written to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I have written to you, young men,
Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
And you have overcome the wicked one.



When I first read I John 2:12-14, the Scriptures appeared a bit cryptic. While they explained why John was writing the letter, it seemed unnecessary for the repetitive nature. So, I went to other translations for more insight. I found only more of the same. Finally, I asked myself, "God, what are you trying to say to me?"

All of a sudden, a light bulb went on inside my head. This passage is for encouragement. It not only explains why John is writing, but it reassures his audience. These people were believers in a world who thought they were nuts. Sort of like our world today. What I hear God saying to me is the Bible is my gift from God for being His child. I am worthy of His time because:
1. I asked my sins to be forgiven in Christ name.
2. I believed He would forgive me.
3. I overcame Satan when I let God take control of my life.
4. I know Him as my Savior.
5. I have always believed Him to be my Savior.
6. I allow Him to be the center of my life.

Thank for being my Savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems