Being Obedient Brings Joy

Today I started reading I John. One thing I learned is that he was a first cousin of Jesus. I didn't realize his mother and Mary were sisters. He knew Jesus his entire life. He played with Jesus as a child. I just think that is awesome.

Here are the verses I want to focus on today: I John 1:1-4 (NLT)
The one (Jesus) who existed from the beginning is the one (Jesus) we have
heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own
hands. He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life.
2 This one who is life from God was shown to us, and we have seen him. And now we testify and announce to you (that also means me) that he is the one who is eternal life. He was with the Father,
and then he was shown to us.
3 We are telling you (Rhonda) about
what we ourselves have actually seen and heard, so that you (Rhonda) may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
4 We are writing these things so that our joy will be complete.
Can't you feel their joy radiating from these words? I can. What's better is their joy is complete. They fulfilled one of God's purposes for their lives, and they can rest easy knowing this. Obedience always bring joy. Now if I could only convince my kids of this. :)

I pray now that all those who read this will find God's purpose for their lives and complete the task He has selected you to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems