Waiting for Jesus

2 John 12-13
12 Having many things to write to you (that also means me), I did not wish to do so with paper and ink; but I hope to come to you and speak face to face, that our (mine to) joy may be full.
13 The children of your elect sister greet you. Amen.

I get excited when I read these verses. I think how the church must felt when they received this encouraging letter, and to read at the end that John wanted to visit. He wanted to rejoice and worship with them. I like to think the church began to prepare for his arrival as soon as the words were read. Arrangements put into place for his lodging and food. The sweet ladies that made sure everything was clean and in order. The prayers that went up for his safe journey and quick feet for a hasty arrival. How the members would glance down the roads to see if today was the day of his arrival.

This is the way we are to wait for Christ. We are to be prepared, excited, longing, and always watching for the exact moment. Just as John's joy would be made full when he visited the church, ours will be complete upon Christ's return.

I pray you will begin preparing yourself for His return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends