Mend Fences

2 John 4-6
4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children (the church body) walking in truth, as we (I) received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady (the church), not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we (I) have had from the beginning: that we (I) love one another. 6 This is love, that we (I) walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you (I) have heard from the beginning, you (I) should walk in it.

Here John is pointing out that some of the church body is living a true Christian life, but not all. He pleads with them to love each other and reminds them this is the way God intended a church to be. God wants the church to love each other so they may be able to show love to those outside the church.

I pray today you will be able to mend fences so that others will see Christ in you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends