Guard Your Heart

2 John 7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves (myself), that we (I) do not lose those things we (I) worked for, but that we (I) may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He (me) who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you (me) and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your (my) house nor greet him; 11 for he (me) who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

As I ponder these verses, my mind recalls many men who have started movements based on their twisted and warped personal belief they themselves are Christ Incarnate.

Unfortunately, many of these movements grown into modern day religions.

John's words are clear and unmistakable. We are not to even socialize with these nay sayers. We are to protect ourselves at all cost from being dragged into their world. Verse 8 addresses this,

"do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward."

In other words, don't throw away Heaven for Hell.

I pray you will see Christ for who He is, and guard your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends