Filled With Love

I John 4:12-16
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we (I) love one another, God abides in us (me), and His love has been perfected in us (me). 13 By this we (I) know that we (I) abide in Him, and He in us (me), because He has given us (me) of His Spirit. 14 And we (I) have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever (that's me) confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him (me), and he (I) in God. 16 And we (I) have known and believed the love that God has for us (me). God is love, and he (me) who abides in love abides in God, and God in him (me).

This passage explains how God's love flows through us and onto others. It proves His love is unconatainable. When you're filled with God's love, you can't help but to let others see it. You want to do for others, you want to help the down trodden, you want others to see God in you. That's how God's power is.

I think of the children's song, 'This Little Light of Mine. I loved singing this song. It was so fun to blow on your finger and shout, "NO," at the appropriate time. That simple song walks hand in hand with this passage. If you have God's love in you, then you want to show the world.

There are a couple of things I want to point out. In the song, one verses says you "won't let Satan blow it out." It's impossible to extinguish God from our lives. Once He comes into our lives, He's there forever, but we do control how much we allow Satan in our lives to interfere with God's plans. The part about "hide it under a bushel," well, I just feel that's impossible. If you put God under a bush, He's going to set it on fire and the burn will be never consuming.

Think about it.

My prayer for you is that you will let God's shine for all to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends