God Loves His Church

To my dedicated readers: please forgive my recent absence. Battles with Satan have been wearing me down. I can say that I have missed this time in God's Word. Thank you for your prayers and patience.

2 John 1-3
The Elder,
To the elect lady (church) and her children (church body), whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those (other Christians) who have known the truth (Christ),
2 because of the truth which abides in us (me) and will be with us (me) forever:
3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you (me) from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

When first reading this passage, it may appear to modern man that a special lady and her children have been elevated to a special status and is being blessed. This is not so. The 'elect lady' John is referring to is the church. 'The Elder' is the leader of the church, while 'the elect lady' is the church itself and 'her children' are the church body--and us.

He goes on to express his personal love for the church and how much God and His Son love the church. Just reading these words fill my heart with warmth.

I pray that you experience this same warmth and comfort when you read His Word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends