Experiencing God's Grace

I John 3:4-9
4 Whoever commits sin (that's all of us) also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He (God) was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever (that's me) abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children (Rhonda), let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God (Jesus Christ) was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever(me) has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him (I); and he (I) cannot sin, because he (I) has been born of God.

At first these verses appear a contridictory. How can you sin, but not sin? The answer is grace.

This is the eample that comes to my mind. Say your child breaks a lamp, confesses and apologizes. That doesn't suddenly cause the lamp to repair itself--it's still broken, nor does your child's apology automatically make it all right that he broke the lamp. What makes everything right is your grace. You forgive him and act as if what he did never happened. That still does not repair the lamp. Forever, it will be broken. Without your grace your child's error covers him like a wet blanket that he must tote around forever. His only redemption is grace. This is your willingness to forget the incident ever took place, (here comes the philosophical point) therefore, your child never broke the lamp.

Some of you are probably going, "huh?" Think about it this way. God's grace is His willingness to forget the sins we've done. He puts them on the ocean floor, He seperates us from them farther than we can imagine, He puts them out of his memory.

I am so thankful I have a Father who willingly forgets all my mistakes.

Do you know this God? If not, you don't have His grace. I pray you will get to know Him and experience His grace.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe, some how I commented on the wrong post. Anyway, I hope you have a great day!

~Becky

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends