God is Love

I John 4:17-19
17 Love has been perfected among us (in me) in this: that we (I) may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we (am I) in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We (I) love Him because He first loved us (me).

As I've worked my way through I John, I've found the major theme to be love. It appears 21 times in the book of I John, five in this passage. That doesn't include varients of the word. Makes me think John was trying to convey a message here--God is love.

That is a very simple and basic Bible truth that many of us either take for granted or forget. Most of us have heard this from childhood, so why don't we believe it? Why do we question God's motives? All because of sin. It's our nature to ask why. If Eve hadn't questioned what she believed, she would never have tasted that one piece of fruit.

We must cling to the promise that God loves us. Then on judgement day, we won't worry about where we're about to spend eternity.

I pray you understand God's love for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends