Prayer and God's Will

I John 5:14-17 (NKJV)
14 Now this is the confidence that we (I) have in Him, that if we (I) ask anything according to His will, He hears us (me). 15 And if we (I) know that He hears us (me), whatever we (I) ask, we (I) know that we (I) have the petitions that we (I) have asked of Him.
16 If anyone sees his (my) brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he (I) will ask, and He will give him (my friend) life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he (you) should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Prayer is an awesome tool. It helps us to see His will, and gives us the opportunity to converse and commune with God. One thing it isn't, a magic spell for us to conjure anything we want.

In this passage, it specifically states, "ask anything according to His will." That doesn't mean you'll get anything and everything you ask for, if that were the case, we'd all look 23 and chocolate wouldn't be fattening. It means when you pray, your desires should line up with God's desires. Not the other way around. He knows what's best for you, He knows your needs.

My prayer for you today is that you come to understand God's will for your life and pray in accordance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends