Proof Jesus Was God's Son

I John 4:1-6
Beloved (me), do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you (I) know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you (I) have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4 You (I am) are of God, little children (me and you), and have overcome them, because He who is in you (me) is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They (false prophets) are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. 6 We (I am) are of God. He (that's me and you) who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we (I) know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

It's amazing how God points things out as you read His word. I don't think verse 3 has ever been so clear to me. When I read it, my eyes stopped for a moment, then I read it again. In fact, I read that verse more than any other. I immediately thought about all the religions around the world that only see Him as just a good person, or as nothing more than a prophet. They believe their leader is the 'true son of God.' It breaks my heart to think of all those growing cults here in the United States that preach this untruth as gospel. I drive by one of these so called churches on the way to my own church. Most often it's parking lot is so full that some must park on a busy street. I pray for them as I pass.

I guess verse 3 is one of those verses they ignore or twist into their own wicked version. They should be seeing this as proof Christ was God's son. If anyone should know, John should, he was, after all, Jesus' first cousin on his mother's side. He grew up with Jesus, played with with Him as a child. Even at a tender age it must have been evident that Jesus was different, or special. Everyone who knew him had to see this. I just wish people could today.

I pray that you see Jesus as you should. He is God's one and only Son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends