We Effect Others

3 John 1-3
The Elder,
To the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth:
2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

What an awesome affirmation for Gaius. I wonder if he was feeling a bit discouraged or questioning his ability. Maybe Gaius wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing. In any event, this letter from John clarified Gaius's calling--he was doing God's will.

Every now and then, all of God's servants question their calling. Satan worms his way in and points out all our flaws, errors in judgement, and mistakes. Our Heavenly Father refuses to give Satan this power, and He gives us earthly affirmations of His direction in our lives. It's not that His servants are looking for pats on the back, but it helps to know that God is using you for His will.

Today I encourage you to jot a note of thanks, or phone one of those who have positively affected your life for Christ. They just may need that encouragement.

I pray you will touch someones life for Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends