Where There Is Danger

I John 5:18-21
18 We (I) know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he (I) who has been born of God keeps himself (myself), and the wicked one (Satan) does not touch him.
19 We (I) know that we (I am) are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
20 And we (I) know that the Son of God has come and has given us (me) an understanding, that we (I) may know Him who is true; and we (I am) are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
21 Little children (me), keep yourselves (myself) from idols. Amen.

Once again, we are reminded that we are God's children. God protects us and keeps us from harm, but we are still vulnerable to sin. Verse 21 reaffirms this. It states, "keep yourself," not 'try to keep yourself.' It's sort of like telling your kids to be careful as they are heading out the door. It's just one last warning of where the danger lies.

Today I pray you have strength to stay in the center of God's will and away from the hands of Satan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Money Brings Problems

Value of Friends