Chasing the Wind

Ecclesiastes 1:12-19
12 I, the Teacher, was king of Israel, and I lived in Jerusalem. 13 I devoted myself to search for understanding and to explore by wisdom everything being done in the world. I soon discovered that God has dealt a tragic existence to the human race. 14 Everything under the sun is meaningless, like chasing the wind. 15 What is wrong cannot be righted. What is missing cannot be recovered.
16 I said to myself, "Look, I am wiser than any of the kings who ruled in Jerusalem before me. I have greater wisdom and knowledge than any of them." 17 So I worked hard to distinguish wisdom from foolishness. But now I realize that even this was like chasing the wind. 18 For the greater my wisdom, the greater my grief. To increase knowledge only increases sorrow.

I so know how Solomon feels. There are so many times that I feel like I'm doing nothing more than 'chasing the wind.' I run in circles to find myself back where I started with nothing to show for my effort. In those times, I must stop and ask God what He wants me to do. I find when I slow down and do His will, I'm no longer 'chasing the wind,' but being productive.

I pray that you will stop 'chasing the wind' and start looking to God for direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems