Eccelisates 2:12-15
12 So I decided to compare wisdom and folly, and anyone else would come to the same conclusions I did. 13 Wisdom is of more value than foolishness, just as light is better than darkness. 14 For the wise person sees, while the fool is blind. Yet I saw that wise and foolish people share the same fate. 15 Both of them die. Just as the fool will die, so will I. So of what value is all my wisdom? Then I said to myself, "This is all so meaningless!" 16 For the wise person and the fool both die, and in the days to come, both will be forgotten.

Getting this look inside Solomon's mind is so refreshing. Even with all the despair, I feel great affirmation. The problems and concerns I have in this world, are the same feelings the wisest man felt.

One things that stands out to me, the observation that wisdom is worth it. Although the wise and foolish "share the same fate." It's better to be wise. Therefore, it's better to have knowledge than wallow in ignorance.

Today I pray you will find soloace in these wise words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Sharing With Others

Value of Friends

Money Brings Problems